Managing Information Technology current
The traditional role of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) as gatekeeper of technology and protector of corporate information asset activities is changing. Next to the daily duties to keep the IT operations and projects running – often facing shrinking budget constraints – an enterprise IT manager becomes an important business partner in supporting the transformation of the traditional business to the digital age.
The course has a strong focus on the role of IT within different types of enterprises and highlights IT from two different angles: IT as organizational function and IT as driver of organizational transformation.
The lecture is divided into two parts:
- IT Management in enterprises
- IT-driven business models
Educational Objectives & Competences
- describe and explain key IT Management models,
- explain and evaluate design options of an IT organization and challenges of the CIO,
- explain main organizational IT cost categories and tasks of managing IT costs,
- describe components of a (digital) business model,
- evaluate (digital) business models,
- understand the impact of new technologies, such as Big Data Technologies, on value creation.