Fundamentals of Enterprise-Wide IT Architecture Management current
The lecture “Fundamentals of Enterprise-Wide IT Architecture Management” contains five major sections:
- Business Process (Management)
- Data Standards and Process Standards
- SOA and Webservices
- Business-IT Alignment
- IT Service Management
- Implementation of Big Data Systems
Hence, the course has a strong focus on technical, especially architectural elements of a companies’ IT. Additionally, students are confronted with scientific literature dealing with the lectures’ content blocks. In groups, students have to deal with high-impact journal articles and learn to work with such content.
Furthermore, the course has many interactive parts including discussions, group works and role plays.
Guest lecturers enrich the course content with up-to-date practical insights.
Educational Objectives & Competences
- know about the major differences of process and workflow management
- know about the main models of IT Service Management and Business-IT Alignment
- can understand the impact of Big Data Technologies on Value Creation
- can develop a proof of concept for a Big Data use case
- can assess and implement different types of Big Data Systems
- can explain the major differences of automated communication concepts like EDI, XML and EDIFCAT
- can assess process standardization in different environments
Exam: 06.07.2018, 9:45-10:45, H4